Bryce Menzies was the man to beat in Wednesday’s practice sessions for Red Bull Frozen Rush, posting the fastest lap time in all three practice sessions. Driving the #7 Menzies Motorsports Ford, the Las Vegas native posted a fastest lap time of 40.700 seconds in the second practice.
Defending race winner Ricky Johnson wasn’t far behind, posting the second fastest lap time of the nine drivers competing. Johnson, who drove the Menzies Motorsports truck last time, swapped rides with Menzies this year, taking over the second rented Douglas Motorsports truck. Meanwhile, Chad Hord was the top newcomer on the speed charts, ranking fourth; RJ Anderson posted the fifth fastest time and Brian Deegan placed ninth.
Fastest lap times are as follows:
- Bryce Menzies, #7 Ford, 40.700 seconds (session 2)
- Ricky Johnson, #48 Ford, 41.121 (3)
- Rob MacCachren, #21 Ford, 41.587 (3)
- Chad Hord, #9 Ford, 42.069 (3)
- RJ Anderson, #37 Ford, 43.020 (3)
- Scott Douglas, #7 Ford, 43.135 (1)
- Todd Leduc, #7 Ford, 45.609 (2)
- Carl Renezeder, #17 Nissan, 45.990 (2)
- Brian Deegan, #38 Ford, 47.367 (3)
Photo credit: Matt Kalish